Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come it takes longer to transcode files?

As the questions states, it is now taking longer to trnascode files. It pauses every 2-5 minutes. I can hear the fan go and off. It never used to do this and I've a feeling it has to do with the Mavericks update and power management. It used to transcode the video all in one shot. Is there a way to change it back to how it was (transcoding it all in one shot)?

Second question: I am getting ready to transver my archived video's onto my NAS. Is it as easy as moving the project folders onto the NAS or do I have to manage it from within Final Cut Pro X?

iMac/Air, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 8:27 AM

13 replies

Feb 22, 2014 9:14 PM in response to Rick_83

YOUR SECOND QUESTION:

> Ideally, you should move Libraries to another drive within FCPX. However, those 4 Purple Star Icons... those are your Libraries ... as Tom mentioned.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5958

> You can copy/move those from one drive to another as those Libraries contain all of your files. They'll contain your original media ONLY IF FCPX managed your media and copied the clips. If you just pointed clips and videos from another folder (leave files in place option when importing), you'll need to make sure that those go along with your copying/moving. Then you'll have to relink them later.

> Post again if you need more help with that part. Now with this new Library structure in 10.1, it's my opinion to have FCPX "copy files" for you when importing.

How come it takes longer to transcode files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.