Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my instagram app was updated and is now missing from screen. when I try to open the update it will now allow me to. I have tried shutting off the phone and all suggestions. help

instagram app is missing from screen after update. I have shut off phone and other suggestions. When I try to open in app store it will not open.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 8:52 AM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2014 2:03 PM in response to Joyce209

Hi Joyce209,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The first thing I would suggest is to check to see if this app is restricted on your iPhone:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4213

Next, quit all open apps, restart your iPhone and try downloading the app again:
If these two options don't resolve the issue, you can go to the Instagram website and try to download the software through their portal.
If all else fails, contact iTunes Store Support

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

Oct 23, 2015 1:44 PM in response to ederryberry

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

cant review purchased apps, doesnt appear in appstore, appears in library on itunes, doesnt appear i search except in itunes, but not appstore, unlses i use the saved link i have and go to it in browser and then open it in appstore..

plus many other wierd anomalies, such as the app saying 'get' when its already in my library, and not downloading if i click 'get' anyway

in my itunes library the app offers to update. Click on update fails. I would say the app location on server is no longer the original location and no canonical links to dynamically reroute it. This will be due to either instagram uploading their new version in the wrong way, or Apple reshuffling the categories or structure of their store.

I administrate online storefronts and categories and have seen many cases of database misalignments in my day. this is one of them!

We can expect many future tears with Music, and Apple Music. Apple seems to be making the same mistake google did with all their separate domains, google plus connected to youtube, etc, which really wasnt a good idea

Now we have the apple tv, itunes store, apple music, and appstore in mac or appstore in itunes player in Mac (not the same) and appstore for iOs

i also make mistakes with my own websites and stores sometimes because i also am a bit of a complex person how i structure things and have multiple portals etc, and so i know exactly what this issue is.

It is usually too much of a tangle to roll back and fix really, unless it gets deleted and redone from scratch

my instagram app was updated and is now missing from screen. when I try to open the update it will now allow me to. I have tried shutting off the phone and all suggestions. help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.