Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still looking for additional instruments for GarageBand iOS7 by GarageBand

I have iOS7 GarageBand 2.0 (3090.25) on my ipad that has Smart Bass, Smart Keyboard, Smart Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, Guitar Amp, Audio Recorder, Sampler, Smart Drums, and Smart Strings. Although I see Apple - GarageBand written references online to additional add-in app instruments being available either through the app store or within the GaraBand app itself I still can't find them. My question is, are there really any more instruments available by GarageBand than the ones I just listed??? Thanks for past replies but they did not help solve this. I did not have an older version of the app installed which seemed one way to add instruments into the new version, there is no option to buy more within the GarageBand app I have, and the Apple app store does not list additional add-on instruments available as a add-in. Thanks for any additional help.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.3, laptop iTunes 11.1.3.8

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 10:35 AM

on my ipad that has Smart Bass, Smart Keyboard, Smart Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, Guitar Amp, Audio Recorder, Sampler, Smart Drums, and Smart Strings.

Then you have already all instruments: There is not more to get with the in-app purchase. That is exactly, what this document promises for GarageBand 2.0: Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

With a one-time in-app purchase, you can add Guitar Amp, Smart Keyboard, Smart Bass, Smart Strings, Smart Drums, Sampler, and a total of 157 preset sounds. The purchased instruments appear in the Touch Instrument browser after you purchase them.

The 157 sounds are the loops.

-- Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2014 10:35 AM in response to nelson1023

on my ipad that has Smart Bass, Smart Keyboard, Smart Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, Guitar Amp, Audio Recorder, Sampler, Smart Drums, and Smart Strings.

Then you have already all instruments: There is not more to get with the in-app purchase. That is exactly, what this document promises for GarageBand 2.0: Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

With a one-time in-app purchase, you can add Guitar Amp, Smart Keyboard, Smart Bass, Smart Strings, Smart Drums, Sampler, and a total of 157 preset sounds. The purchased instruments appear in the Touch Instrument browser after you purchase them.

The 157 sounds are the loops.

-- Léonie

Still looking for additional instruments for GarageBand iOS7 by GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.