Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where (in Europe) can I print my Aperture photobook pdf easily?

Hi! I made a photobook with Aperture and found out that Apple does not let us to send books to other countries. Very weird!!! So now I am looking for alternatives to Apple. Does somebody have good experience with other printing services, preferably in Europe?

I did some googling and I wasn't able to find a service that would let me print the Aperture pdf directly. Very few printing services offer pdf upload and those who do have specific requirements regarding size and specifications of the book and the pdf file. And often information is hard to find.

So now I hope to get some answers here, thanks a lot!

PS: I chose the 6x8 inch format (landscape), 24 pages

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4), mid 2007

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 8:38 AM

8 replies

Feb 23, 2014 4:28 AM in response to nomad11

I don't know any service in Europe that would do that, sorry.

Hi! I made a photobook with Aperture and found out that Apple does not let us to send books to other countries.

Have you tried, to order your book from the Print Products Store in the country of the delivery address you want? The problem is, the billing Address and the delivery address need to be in the same country.

You will need to pretend to be in that country (System Preferences > language&Region), and would need to use an AppleID tied to a billing address in that country and a credit card for an account in the country of the delivery address.

I never tried that, but some posters here reported success with buying from a store in a differnet country.

Apple Print Products - Apple Store (U.S.)

Feb 23, 2014 5:01 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your reply. I don't have credit card for those two countries that I want to send the book to.

I can't understand why it should be so difficult to print a Aperture photo book.

Seems I'l have to started from scratch. Unfortunately, the software of all popular printing companies I tested is a nightmare from Mac-perspective: Mostly Windows-software that was ported to mac. I wonder what all of you do to get photo books printed...

Jul 10, 2015 5:26 AM in response to léonie

Sorry, Leonie, but this is far from a solution it's an expensive work-around.

The solution is to go to iPhoto preferences, advanced, and change the country. This might only work if you can pay with a credit card from this country. It worked like a charm for me.

btw the book would have cost $55 in the US but costs 80CH in Switzerland, so it would be worth shopping around if you have various ways to pay.

Jul 10, 2015 5:32 AM in response to nomad11

Just in case Apple is listening to us, I was unable to get help at the Apple store but they did put the book on a pdf. The formatting was going to be a problem for another printer. I also called Apple support and was unable to get assistance. The second person I spoke to kept me on hold for 12 minutes and I ran out of paid Skype credit. She and the first operator just said books can only be send to US addresses, but I had had one send here before so I knew it could be done -- just not how. btw, it was printed in the Netherlands.

Where (in Europe) can I print my Aperture photobook pdf easily?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.