Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Before upgrading I was able to make my computer a hotspot; now I can't. I want that ability back.

My computer was a Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and since upgrading with the Maverick update I can no longer make my computer a hotspot. Do I need to re-install Snow Leopard to get that back?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 8:38 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2014 9:19 AM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:

It would help to know more about your network. It would help to know:

What device is giving you internet to the machine that you want to be the sharer? Have you verified it is indeed getting the internet from that device, and not over a different standard?

How will the client machines be hooked up to the sharer?

The iMac is getting internet from an Ethernet cable. It was definately this computer and it's ethernet. And I don't really know I would just be able to turn the sharing on and my iPhone would be able to connect with it after I plugged in the password I set to it.

Before upgrading I was able to make my computer a hotspot; now I can't. I want that ability back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.