Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only iMac can connect to WIFI, not iPhone, not Nexus 4 or PS3

Hello, i bought a brand new Airport Express and when I installed it I needed to put a "WPA/WPA2 Personal" security (instead of the "WPA2 Personal") for it to be detected by my phones and my PS3.

It all stopped working for no reason now. I am connected via WIFI with 1 iMac and 1 Macbook Pro but i either can't see the signal with my phones and PS3 or i just can't get connected to the internet when I see the signal (stays at "registered")

I changed my airport because of a similar problem but in the end it was the antenna that was broken (6 years old Airport Extreme). Why is it always happening and there was no change in the configuration or any update at all.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:53 AM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2014 11:27 AM in response to TomVM

Doing these things finally worked after a little while:

1 - Radio mode set to Automatic
2 - Manually entering channels that are not used by neighbors (in my case 161/9)
3 - WPA/WPA2 Personnal Security settings

After trying a couple of channels everything works now. I can see both wifi signals 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz instead of just the 5Ghz.

Only iMac can connect to WIFI, not iPhone, not Nexus 4 or PS3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.