Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to play dvd on my computer on apple tv

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 10:03 AM

Welcome to the Apple Community Jorge.

Firstly you will need your Mac to support Mirroring...

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, OS X 10.8 or better and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). You can see which Mac you have and which operating system you are using by selecting 'About this Mac' from the Apple menu in the top left corner of your Mac and selecting the 'More Info' button.

AirPlay Mirroring from a Mac also requires a fairly robust network.

Then you will need to use a 3rd party DVD player such as VLC since the Apple DVD Player software doesn't permit AirPlay Mirroring.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2014 10:03 AM in response to jorge rodriguez987

Welcome to the Apple Community Jorge.

Firstly you will need your Mac to support Mirroring...

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, OS X 10.8 or better and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). You can see which Mac you have and which operating system you are using by selecting 'About this Mac' from the Apple menu in the top left corner of your Mac and selecting the 'More Info' button.

AirPlay Mirroring from a Mac also requires a fairly robust network.

Then you will need to use a 3rd party DVD player such as VLC since the Apple DVD Player software doesn't permit AirPlay Mirroring.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.