Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to extend my bootcamp partition with Acronis Disk Director and now can't boot into either OS, help!!!

I have OSX 10.9. And had win7 x64 on a bootcamp partition but I wanted to shrink OSX and extend my win7 partition for gaming. So I shrunk OSX in disk utility, then booted into win7 and extended bootcamp with Acronis Disk Director. Now I can't get into either Operatin System. If you shut the machine down and restart it it just tries to boot into windows and comes back with the error "disk read error occurred, press ctl+alt+delete to restart". How can I get into OSX? What can I do at this point? I'm a noob to OSX, are there any boot options menus like on windows machines? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help 😟

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 2:50 PM

4 replies

I tried to extend my bootcamp partition with Acronis Disk Director and now can't boot into either OS, help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.