Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I try delete messages and said unable to move message

I try delete messages and said unable to move message what can I do

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 5:24 PM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2014 11:11 PM in response to Mariela63

Try closing the Mail app via the iPad's multitasking bar and see if you can delete them when you re-open the app : from the home screen (i.e. not with Mail 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Mail app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

If that doesn't fix it then try going into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Then select the account on the right-hand side of that screen, select Account, then Advanced, Deleted Mailbox, and under On The Server tap the 'Trash' folder so that it gets a tick against it - then come out of that series of popups by tapping on the relevant buttons at the top of them and then see if you can delete emails.

I try delete messages and said unable to move message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.