Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install iTunes = error 7

I keep trying to install iTunes on my computer. I have a Dell & it's Windows Vista. I keep getting 'Error 7' and Windows error 126. I've turned off my firewall and all the other suggestions and nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated - Thank you

Other OS

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 7:05 PM

Doublechecking. Have you worked through the following user tip?

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

9 replies

Mar 5, 2015 4:21 PM in response to b noir

I have followed your advice step by step and continue to receive the Error 7. After wasting several days on this, I'm about to give up on iTunes and try an alternate music site.

Any other advice, hints or clues? I am running Windows 7; All systems are currently updated; I've turned off Comodo security and the Microsoft Firewall. I've uninstalled itunes and the components you suggested in the order the order you advised. Any advice or alternate strategies would be appreciated.

Mar 5, 2015 4:54 PM in response to chrisfromwyoming

b noir is a rare visitor these days, but perhaps I can help.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates (as above).

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software. This version may well work for you when the full 64-bit release wont.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Can't install iTunes = error 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.