Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 7 Mac issues!

Guys I'm freaking out! Okay so I have to prepare for a presentation in two days for work. I use a mid 2012 MacBook pro with 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB. The processor is a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7. Now to the issue, I need to use Windows 7 for work but I also use OSX. I recently went to windows via bootcamp and tried to log in. Whenever I try to log in to windows I get stuck on the welcome screen. I have tried using system restore via safe mode (safe mode works perfectly fine) and it worked once but I logged out, it installed updates, and I could not log in or use system restore to did what I did before. I would use a Windows 7 installation disk but I do not have the dvd and when I try to load the .img file onto a SD card or a usb flash drive it won't let me boot up from them. I have tried numerous fixes but none of them have worked. I am freaking out because I am on a work trip and have a presentation in two days. PLEASE HELP ME!

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 6:23 PM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2014 10:37 AM in response to turbostar

I did that and used the iso to make a bootable usb. Once I did that I restarted from the usb to try and fix the windows issues. When I did it it took a couple hours for it to say it was done. I restarted to see that all my files got deleted and that I can't boot on OSX or Windows 7, I can only boot to the Mavericks installer and to the OSX recovery. The partition scheme that I set up when I first got this computer is completely screwed up. I have extremely important files that I cannot afford to lose but I think all got deleted!

Feb 23, 2014 12:14 PM in response to ace9203

I can't help but see how you decided to try something else. I think just installing Windows would have left your OSX partition still intact but trying to repair a windows install via USB via boot camp is, as you've now found out, asking for trouble. Someone else may be able to help but looks like you now need to clean install Mavericks, too.

Bootcamp Windows 7 Mac issues!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.