Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS slideshow: all photos? all orders?

When viewing photos on my iPhone, my most-used feature up until this iOS7 disaster has been to view a slideshow of the entire library, while set to random shuffle. I cannot see any option to do this under iOS 7.

Am I missing yet another hidden setting, or is this another "why-can't-you-just-post-them-to-the-cloud-already, luddite" move by apple?

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 7:50 PM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2014 9:05 PM in response to JimHdk

Apologies, I have not been clear enough again.

There used to be a little 'play' arrow that appeared beneath a photo. I clicked that, and if I was in an album, a slideshow would start, limited to that album; if I was in my entire library, a slideshow would start including the entire library. It would shuffle or go sequentially depending on the shuffle toggle in settings.

That little arrow is what I am missing--or the functionality it provided.

I can see options to select individual photos, and then play a slideshow from those photos, but I have 10,000 photos in my library, and need a way to get to the slideshow without selecting 10,000 images manually first. I do not see any way to start a slideshow without selecting all the images first, or an option to do a 'global' select of an entire album or--my usual habit--the entire library at once.

iOS slideshow: all photos? all orders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.