Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone wont let me log in to my gmail account for the email service provided on my iphone 5s..... what do i do??

i cannot log into my gmail accout to obtain my contacts and mail it tells me theat the username or password is invalid.....

BUT I CAN LOG IN FROM MY COMPUTER AND OTHER DEVICES , AS WELL AS THE GMAIL APP WORKS FINE HOW DO I FIX THIS

iPhone 5s, iOS 7, its ios 7.0.6(11B651)

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 8:46 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2014 9:22 PM in response to sh3llb3ll

This is a Gmail issue. The iphone doesn't make up the message that your username or password is incorrect unless gmail report that back when it tries to log you in.

This is usually caused by two step verificaiton on a gmail account. Since iOS Mail cannot get SMS enabled verification codes, Gmail has created an 'App Specific Password" system. Check this out and see if you have created a 2nd password specifically for your gmail on your iPhone.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1173270?hl=en

my iphone wont let me log in to my gmail account for the email service provided on my iphone 5s..... what do i do??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.