Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad won't restore.

I forgot the passcode to my iPad Mini, but when I'm trying to restore it in iTunes, I'm just told that I have to turn of "Find my iPad", which is obviously impossible. However, when I try to remove the iPad from my iCloud account, it just says that it will be deleted when connected to wifi. Which the iPad is not. And will not, since I can't remember the passcode. So this is an evil circle, and I'm just clueless. Any suggestions? All will be highly appreciated.

iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:39 PM

Try to place your iPad into recovery mode, described here. You may have to try this more than once to succeed.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

8 replies

Feb 22, 2014 9:43 PM in response to ShadowGuy21

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTunes and plug (very important)

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note: Data will be lost

Jan 20, 2015 6:58 PM in response to Diavonex

I have been working with this iPad for I know 6 hours. I have tried everything! The steps you list work until I get to the install of the iOS portion of the restore. Then the Apple logo and the status bar just "hang" nothing shows on the status bar and it just sits there. Any ideas? Yes, the iPad is older/out of warrenty but all the others I work with are running just fine. I just can't figure this one out and we can't afford to replace it. Thanks!

Ipad won't restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.