Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to take my iPhone out of airplane mode?

There's a long story behind this but, what basically happened was that I lost my iPhone and I was in the process of erasing it through find my iPhone. I canceled the erase when it asked for a phone number... Because my brother found my iPhone. It's currently in airplane mode and I'm scared that it will be erased if I take it out of airplane mode... I'm not sure if the erase went through or not...

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 9:44 PM

What you should do is connect it to the computer you normally sync with, open iTunes and go to File>Devices>Back Up. Then go to File>Devices>Transfer Purchases. This will back up your phone on your computer as it is now and transfer your apps and other purchased media to your iTunes library. Then take it out of airplane mode. If it starts to erase, let it finish. When it's done, connect it to your computer, open iTunes and go to File Devices>Restore backup, then restore the backup you made earlier and you won't lose a thing.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2014 9:44 PM in response to superfail1232

What you should do is connect it to the computer you normally sync with, open iTunes and go to File>Devices>Back Up. Then go to File>Devices>Transfer Purchases. This will back up your phone on your computer as it is now and transfer your apps and other purchased media to your iTunes library. Then take it out of airplane mode. If it starts to erase, let it finish. When it's done, connect it to your computer, open iTunes and go to File Devices>Restore backup, then restore the backup you made earlier and you won't lose a thing.

Is it safe to take my iPhone out of airplane mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.