Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes recognizes my iphone bc it syncs through wifi, but my macbook pro is not reading it all.

Itunes itself syncs my phone bc it is being synced through wifi, but when i connect my phone to my laptop with the usb cord, my macbook pro doesnt recognize it all

iPhone 4S

Posted on Feb 22, 2014 10:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2014 1:11 AM in response to _karenneumann

Does your mac have USB 2 ports? Has it worked before, to sync with your mac? Try this document - see the link: iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. Ensure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Install software updates on your Mac.
    Note: If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.http://apple.com/itunes/download
  3. Check USB connections. iOS devices require USB 2.0 to function properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, refer to the computer's specifications.
  4. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  5. Restart your Mac.

Additional Information

In rare circumstances, your device may be recognized after reinstalling iTunes, but after you restart your Mac, the device may not be recognized again. If this happens and you're using Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard, please followthese steps.

itunes recognizes my iphone bc it syncs through wifi, but my macbook pro is not reading it all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.