Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano with computer connection problems and more

My iPod Nano is always stuck at 1:06am and on the completely wrong date. The time will not change. If I try to change the date and time, it freezes up and I have to do a hard reset so I can get it to function. This problem it has had for quite a while now, and I don't view as a very pressing issue.

The following problem however is new to just yesterday. It impedes me from updating the iPod or adding new music. I added new music to it a month or so ago and yesterday was the first time I have tried to do anything with it on a computer in 2014.

It will not connect to a computer. The moment I try to chord it up, my entire computer runs slower, and iTunes crashes. My computer also doesn't always recognize that it is plugged into the it even though the iPod will have a "Do not disconnect" screen and is charging.
Another interesting thing to note is that I have tried to synch my iPod up to a few different computers and the results are the same, and if you try to shut down or boot up a computer with my iPod attached to it, it won't. It'll stop mid process and refuse to shut down or boot up.

I have followed some of the troubleshooting guides on similar sounding problems to no avail.

I realize that my iPod is also fairly old as far as iPods go (2008) and I will probably have to just get a new mp3 player. However, I would like to avoid that outcome as long as possible.

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 3:55 AM

There are no replies.

iPod nano with computer connection problems and more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.