Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac getting Super hot + screen Flickering

All I am looking for some advice i have had my imac for around 18 months its a 2.7GHz Intel Core i5 with 4 GB of RAM for the best part it has been fantastic infact i would go as far to say i love this machine.

Unfortunatly over the past few weeks the screen has started to flicker then the screen goes off. when i press the power button on the back it comes back on and everything i was working on and all programs opened is still there.

I have noticed that the top of the mac is becoming very hot (not sure if this is normal and only picked up on it because of the flickering)?

i have also noticed that the left hand side of my display is starting to become darker than the rest of the screen.

does anyone know if this a known fault and more importantly does Apple know about this fault?

Thank you in advance

Aaron

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 4:23 AM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2014 6:10 AM in response to Aaron Longstaff

Aaron, I don't know about any "known" fault but it sure sounds like you're having some hardware problems. Have you tried running the Apple hardware Test to see if it reports any errors? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509

If you don't have a current backup you should make one now. Hopefully you spent a few extra bucks and bought AppleCare extended warranty.

iMac getting Super hot + screen Flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.