Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eyefinity Mac Pro 2013

hmmm ....

User uploaded file

does anybody know a workaround so that the new Mac Pro 2013 could get recognized as supported hardware to get the Eyefinity option enabled?

THANKS in advance for any helpful hints!!!

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 25 years behind a Mac

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 5:00 AM

7 replies

Feb 24, 2014 3:45 AM in response to zaphod42

no error only an essential part is missing! and sorry that my question wasn't clear enough!

basically: with my NMP in Bootcamp-Win8.1, my "AMD FirePro D700" graphic cards are not recogniced as supported hardware by the "AMD FirePro Control Center" to arrange the 3 screen's with Eyefinity.

here a comparison of the Catalyst setup window from my old Mac Pro (left) with a "Radeon HD 5800 Series" and at the right the new Mac Pro 2013 with 2x "AMD FirePro D700" (sorry for the bad image quality).

User uploaded file

note the "AMD Eyefinity Display Group" option is missing with the FirePro D700!

under the "Desktop Management" tab is stated: "..., or create AMD Eyefinity display groups on supported hardware."
which basically means that the new Mac Pro with the FirePro D700 is not recognized as supported hardware?!

my question: does anybody know a workaround to get the Eyefinity-Option enabled with the NMP running Windows 8.1 under Bootcamp?

Note: all 3 screens were pluged with an active Mini-Display adapter to a diffrent Bus. and it worked flawless for many years with my old Mac Pro!

strange observation: checking the information-properties in the AMD Control Center under Windows 8.1, the hardware is soemtimes listed as a "AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series" and sometimes as "AMD FirePro D700 (GireGL V)" ... very peculiar isn't it!!?!

Feb 26, 2014 7:54 PM in response to zaphod42

I'm having the same exact issue. I've got D500s but that shouldn't make a difference.

It's definitely been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlsePKH6AY

Seen above.

I'm connecting 3 DVI monitors as well, 2 with passive DVI>MiniDP 1 with Active DVI>MiniDP

The driver properties are not really surprising, they just haven't added the D series cards yet so it's all acting funny.

Please contact me if you figure this out.

I've been Triple screen gaming for years, building my own machines... I've finally made the full swap to mac, mainly because I knew Triple Screen would be possible out of the box with the nMP.

Anyhow please let me know if you learned anything. I'm standing by with the same issue.

Here's my thread, no real helpful responses so far:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5938906?answerId=24988569022#24988569022&ac_cid=op123456#24988569

Mar 4, 2014 3:45 AM in response to portwolf

no luck yet ... and I am still searching ... desperately!

your youtube-link gave me hope portwolf and obviously Eyefinity is working ... somehow??!?!

I am using the active "Sapphire Adapter Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D" and they work fine on my old MP running Win7 with the HD 5870 card!

I am convinced that it has to do with the bootcamp-driver and the need to get it fixed so that connected displays are recognized as supported hardware for the Win8 AMD driver.

to get 3 TB displays would be a financial hammer but maybe someone well equipped could test, if the Eyefinity option is available?!

I will hold on to my old MP until a solution is found ... although I am very inpatient to use the nMP!

lets keep each other posted on any updates and let's hope to figure this out!!!

Mar 4, 2014 9:54 AM in response to zaphod42

I think it 's defnitely related to the DVI monitors, it's the common denomonator here between us, and the guy in the video is not using DVI displays.

That doesn't mean a driver update won't correct it though.

Let me know if you find out more, I'm working on getting some thunderbolt displays, I'll let you know if I do and if that corrects the issue.

Mar 5, 2014 1:32 AM in response to portwolf

not sure about the DVI displays ... works on the old MP's!

I believe the problem is that the nMP graphics-card doesn't exist in the windows-world and aren't therefore recognized by the PC driver's.

it would need either AMD or Bootcamp to fix this in my opinion ... but then again in your youtube video Eyefinity works!

eyefinity Mac Pro 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.