Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mini imac skype webcam problems

Hi everybody,

I had started using my i-mac back in 2012 when I had purchased it along with a genius webcam, specifically certified for mac. The initial issue was actually the missing microfone on the mac mini, which was built into the webcam & too working fine.

I had used this combination on the imac till ~Sep 2013 and both video & audio were working fine (apart of some occasional audio disconnections apparently caused by adobe flashplayer).

However, since ~Oct 2013 the video on the imac stopt working completely for skype. I can see & hear the other side. I can see myself on my screen, but the other side cant see my video....

I have been up and down different help pages / forums but did not easily find somebody having had experienced the same / similar problem.

Could somebody point me into the right direction regarding how to attack & settle this problem please?

Or is this an issue I (we) have merely to accept since it is apparently a result of a "SKYPE" - update (before, everything was working fine).

best regards, Gu

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 5:18 AM

1 reply

mini imac skype webcam problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.