Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Go back to older version of project

Hello,

I desperately need your help. Yesterday, for no apparent reason, after trying to open a project with FCPX, it tells me it wouldn't open, because it had been created with a newer version of FCPX. That wasn't the case, but there was no going around it. So I upgraded to the current version 1.1. I made backups of the events and projects and then updated them.

And what was I left with? The silly programme just wreaked havoc with my project, making tons of little changes which now render it useless. As I only noticed it after having worked a good two hours on changing the credits, I wasn't sure if it had happened straight after updating it or some time after. So I wanted to go back to an earlier version of the project (there is a folder called "older verison"), but there is no way of doing that (not even opening the event in said folder).

I am completely out of my wits, so I'd highly appreciate it, if someone could tell me what to do, or just how to get back to the earliest version.

Thank you!

schopenhagen

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 6:19 AM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2014 8:48 AM in response to schopenhagen

This question really comes up a lot. Apple posted a knowledge base doc on updating best practicesand if followed, has bailed people out when they found themselves in similar straits.

If you didn't do that, but you use Time Machine (or another backup utility), you should be able to restore the previous version from the backup files,

Absent those solutions, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do other than work with 10.1.

Russ

Go back to older version of project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.