Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How cat I speed up video "Share" from iMovie library in to .mov file?

I am converting ONLY 18 sec. long video, and it says 88 min. till its completeion. ??? 😟

I have over 1TB of free space and my mac specs are:

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128 MB

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 6:22 AM

6 replies

Feb 23, 2014 6:53 AM in response to arvy777

You would have to upgrade to a newer mac. it sounds daft but a core2duo and 8600GT don't have the boost that newer macs do. Since CUDA (Nvidia GTxxxm) and Open CL (from i3 and up) are around, this speeds up the process.

that being said, i'm on a Q8300 and a HD6570 on my mac pro 3.1 and its still quite long to render videos for some projects

Feb 24, 2014 3:34 AM in response to omracer

oh plss, for god sake.. Stop writing confusing coment to my simple question.

Note: I am working with such software as FinalCutPro, After Effect, Maya and much more. Am also producing Particle animation. Yes, my computer is not the fastest when it comes to render 4K texture, caustics nor any other 20 animated effect layers in AF.

...but...

Using such tools my MBP is able to render animation in very fair time scale, and not 18 SECOND of footage rendring for entire 88 MINUTES.

Feb 25, 2014 7:47 AM in response to omracer

Using iMovie Version 10.0.2 (Mavericks) and importing HD 1920x1080 since I am not interested in any smaller quality.

in other words, I would like to be able to import videos from my camera (highest available quality) which could be played on QuickTime.

Is there any way I can avoidaving my videos saving in " iMovie Library.imovielibrary" ???

I am interested in having my videos as (1920x1080 .mov) file and no other.

Feb 26, 2014 10:54 AM in response to arvy777

did you click on optimize video when importing, since that doesn't convert to a easy to use format. Try importing it without optimizing it, which does restrict using speed effects but it does retain the quality. Also as far as i know, they've taken the apearute/iphoto approach so they don't seperate the clips and projects and just keeps it in the libary.

I've yet to play with imovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.