Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad got stuck on recovery mode after upgrade to ios 7.0.6

Today I've try to update my ipad to ios 7.0.6 using itunes on my p.c. But suddenly it got stuck on recovery mode. Now my Ipad cannot detect on itunes. I've checked it in windows device manager and I realize that my Ipad driver is somekind of missing. I need some help here..

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 8:07 AM

21 replies

Jan 7, 2017 1:37 AM in response to Bachtiarendy

FIXED!!!! For me anyway, and I hope for you!

So I tried to update to ios 10 and after downloading the software itunes tried to update my iPad 3. I recieved the error 3004 and was stuck in the "Connect to iTunes" screen and could not get out of it. Completely annoyed!

But then I remembered something from when I used to fiddle with iphones. I opened a program I had called TinyUmbrella, which can be used to force boot out of recovery mode (the "connect to itunes" screen).

My ipad was still connected to itunes and in recovery mode. I opened TinyUmbrella, selected my ipad (which was just shown by the serial number), then clicked "Exit Recovery" and BAM!!! It immediately kicked my out of the recovery screen and started my ipad back up to my home screen.

Now, my ipad was still on 9.1.3 since the update to ios 10 had failed. But I didn't care, my ipad was fully functional again just like I left it before. Thank God for TinyUmbrella! Here's the CNET link for TinyUmbrella if you need it:

http://download.cnet.com/TinyUmbrella/3000-18545_4-75766724.html

Feb 24, 2014 1:58 PM in response to Diavonex

Me to.

It hung up durring the update over wifi.

I tried to make a hardware reset, but it came up with the message "connect to iTunes".

I connect and tried to restore to factory settings, but it came up with different error messages.

I the restart my Mac, and did the factory restore again, and now it whent well.

Now I am waiting for the restore of my latest backup.

Mar 26, 2014 12:43 AM in response to Torben Danner

Torben Danner wrote:

Me to.

It hung up durring the update over wifi.

I tried to make a hardware reset, but it came up with the message "connect to iTunes".

I connect and tried to restore to factory settings, but it came up with different error messages.

I the restart my Mac, and did the factory restore again, and now it whent well.

Now I am waiting for the restore of my latest backup.

Hope iPad Data Extractor can really help me.

First of all, sorry to hear all of you trapped in such a situation.

In order to get out of this stuff, you should have a try of it.

Good luck to you all!

Apr 1, 2014 6:58 PM in response to Yoji Yamada Kenji

1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.

2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.

3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.

4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

5.Use iTunes to restore your device.

Additional Information:

If you started your device in recovery mode by mistake, restart it to exit recovery mode. Or you can just wait—after 15 minutes the device will exit recovery mode by itself.

Apr 16, 2014 6:37 PM in response to AaronnHotchner

Don't worry about that. iPhone stuck in recovery mode always happens when you update the iOS on your iPhone. There are two ways to solve it.

First is is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the Power and Home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the Home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Second is to fix with iPhone Data Recovery.

Step 1: Fix the Problem of iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode

Step 2: Recover Data from your iPhone Directly

Step 3: Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup

You can try both of them.

May 9, 2014 12:22 AM in response to Yoji Yamada Kenji

1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.

4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

Additional Information:

If you started your device in recovery mode by mistake, restart it to exit recovery mode. Or you can just wait—after 15 minutes the device will exit recovery mode by itself. If you want a faster way to solve iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode, try iPad data recovery software.

May 19, 2014 8:45 AM in response to ternenceswift

ternenceswift wrote:

Additional Information:

If you started your device in recovery mode by mistake, restart it to exit recovery mode. Or you can just wait—after 15 minutes the device will exit recovery mode by itself. If you want a faster way to solve iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode, try iPad data recovery software.

Hi!

I downloaded iOS7 via a Wi-Fi network earlier today, and I've been waiting to install it until recently. However, I was having a couple errors when I tried installing it, so I turned it off and back on again, and it started installing just fine.

However, after a while, the iPhone 4 went into recovery mode (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808) and I attempted to restore it on iTunes 11.1. The problem is that when the "iPhone Software Update" file finishes downloading, iTunes gives me the notification that my "iPhone is in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." all over again.

I've repeated this process three times now. If anyone could give any assistance it'd be most helpful.

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2014 10:34 PM in response to Yoji Yamada Kenji

DFU mode stands for DeviceFirmwareUpgrade.

1. Turn off your iPad.

2. Connect your iPad to the computer.

3. Hold the power and home button, when the Apple logo pops up stop holding the power button but still hold the home button.

4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

Read more:http://www.iphone-mac.com/how-to-put-ipod-touch-into-dfu-mode.html

Hope it can do you a favor.

My Ipad got stuck on recovery mode after upgrade to ios 7.0.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.