Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which to use and pages 4.3, word processing for page layout for a large document of about 80 pages.

I am currently running pages 4.3 in OS 10.8.5

I want to take a very large wordprocessing document (in Microsoft Word) with about 80+ pages and make the words flow from page to page without a great deal of effort. I know when I use word processing option it does it automatically, however in page layout what is the simplest way to make a large word document flow from page to page and then add photographs and graphics once the word document is in place?

Thank you in advance.

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 7:17 AM

4 replies

Feb 23, 2014 7:29 AM in response to dmfett

DM,

I think either would work for you. Page Layout has a bit of a learning curve, being less automatic, and you should plan ahead and make some page templates to make easier work of it. If you stay with a Word Processing template, be aware that problems can arise if you have pages with no text at all. Mostly text and a smattering of graphics works quite well in WP mode.

Jerry

Feb 23, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

Thanks for your input, he gave me an idea. Since there's about 15 chapters, then I should create a new page for each chapter in the page layout and that would make it easier for me to access that. And then I can flow each chapter to the new page as needed and then place the picture in there.

So the question is, I create a new text box & placed the text in that chapter/page and then place my picture within that text box. How do I get the picture the flow on the page within the text? (I am in Page layout)

Feb 23, 2014 8:52 AM in response to dmfett

Just figured out how to it...this is for those who may experience this problem in the future, so here's how you do it, inspector then you pick the third one from the left call object placement and then check the box object causes wrap. Then the picture will work just fine on your document.

Is there a advantageto to creating a blank document and place a text box and a photo in it or create your text box and make a full page and place the picture in it.

Thanks again,

Which to use and pages 4.3, word processing for page layout for a large document of about 80 pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.