Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rented Movie is showing up in Videos app, but when I hit play, it opens then closes. There's the little cloud download thing below it, but if hit it and nothing happenes. In downloads, in the iTunes app, nothing shows up. I'm getting really frustrated...

is showing up in Videos app, but when I hit play, it opens then closes. There's the little cloud download thing below it, but if hit it and nothing happenes. In downloads, in the iTunes app, nothing shows up. Also, if I go to the place I rented the movie (Iron Man) it just says "Watch". I'm getting really frustrated...

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 7:20 AM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2014 8:57 AM in response to Jpl0508

To watch a movie from the video app without downloading it first you must be connected to the internet and you must be logged in with your apple i.d otherwise it will open and then just close.

if you download it to the device the cloud symbol will disappear. any movie downloaded can be watched offline

in itunes app it will always show up under purchased

the clould on the video app is just showing you it is not downloaded. to download it the cloud you should tap is under the play button on the the next page

Rented Movie is showing up in Videos app, but when I hit play, it opens then closes. There's the little cloud download thing below it, but if hit it and nothing happenes. In downloads, in the iTunes app, nothing shows up. I'm getting really frustrated...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.