Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my push notifications for the app snapchat work after yesterday's iOS update?

After yesterday's update the app snapchat won't send me push notifications anymore

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 2:04 PM

Hello Nhuphham,

It sounds like you are not receiving your Snapchat notifications on your iPhone. I found an article with steps that might help with this:

Additional Information

If you have an app that could send frequent notifications (for example, Mail with high-traffic email accounts, Twitter apps, and so on), your iOS device could wake frequently to display the notification (and affect battery life). You can disable "View in Lock Screen" for a particular app in Settings > Notifications > <app name>.

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you are not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app at least once to begin receiving notifications.
  3. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  4. Check Settings > Notifications to ensure that the app is configured for notifications.
    If notifications do not appear only in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.
  5. If you are still unable to receive notifications and you are using a Wi-Fi connection, verify that the network or firewall is not blocking access to port 5223.

You can find the full article here:

iOS: Understanding Notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

If you are still not receiving the notifications for Snapchat after following those steps, I recommend continuing with the steps in the following article:

iOS: Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1702

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2014 2:04 PM in response to Nhuphham

Hello Nhuphham,

It sounds like you are not receiving your Snapchat notifications on your iPhone. I found an article with steps that might help with this:

Additional Information

If you have an app that could send frequent notifications (for example, Mail with high-traffic email accounts, Twitter apps, and so on), your iOS device could wake frequently to display the notification (and affect battery life). You can disable "View in Lock Screen" for a particular app in Settings > Notifications > <app name>.

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you are not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app at least once to begin receiving notifications.
  3. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  4. Check Settings > Notifications to ensure that the app is configured for notifications.
    If notifications do not appear only in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.
  5. If you are still unable to receive notifications and you are using a Wi-Fi connection, verify that the network or firewall is not blocking access to port 5223.

You can find the full article here:

iOS: Understanding Notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

If you are still not receiving the notifications for Snapchat after following those steps, I recommend continuing with the steps in the following article:

iOS: Troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1702

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Why won't my push notifications for the app snapchat work after yesterday's iOS update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.