Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone says iTunes Match is on, but it is not

I turned off iTunes Match so that I can copy songs to a playlist on my iPhone.

But the iPhone still shows iTunes Match is on.

Any help is appreciated.

Why can't Apple make iTunes easier to use?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 9:24 AM

18 replies

Apr 17, 2014 9:28 PM in response to Chris Milligan

Having the same problem. Cancelled my itunes match subscription today and requested a refund. If I can offer any words of advice to people considering the service, don't. It's incredibly buggy, your playlists will duplicate, you'll lose any ratings or changes done on your phone when you sync. Worst paid service I've ever had the misfortune of using. Apple needs to pay more attention to their customers instead of releasing buggy and poorly made software just because people are forced to use it with their products.

Dec 1, 2014 2:46 PM in response to Chris Milligan

I agree iTunes is counterintuitive and confusing. Poorly designed - it seems to be getting less user-friendly with each iteration. It feels more like a Windows program each time there is a significant new version.

With respect to this particular problem, I had (or thought I had) the same issue. I wanted to put songs on the iPhone but couldn't, even after turning off iTunes match on the computer. For me, the problem turned out to be that iTunes match was off in iTunes on the computer, but was still switched on on my iPhone. On the iPhone, I went to Settings>iTunes and App Store>iTunes Match and switched it off.

May 24, 2015 1:46 PM in response to sbober

I had the same problem for weeks. I was messing around for a while one day and noticed that I only logged out of my apple I.D on iTunes. So then I logged out of my apple I.D on my iPhone and plugged in my iPhone. Everything is finally working. Then I logged back in my apple I.D on iTunes and my iPhone and everything is still up and running properly.

Hope that helped.

Jul 2, 2015 7:49 AM in response to Chris Milligan

I got my first iphone last week and just updated to 8.4 and couldn't for the life of me of me could not figure out how to get music onto my phone that I didn't purchase through Itunes. You have to go to settings > Music > and turn off the toggle for show apple music. Then you should be able to transfer.

Side note, I don't think apple music is going to be able to compete with Spotify at all.

iPhone says iTunes Match is on, but it is not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.