Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my wireless network.

I have an iMac , iPad, iPhone , Apple TV , other laptop and a wireless Brother printer.

My house has 2 floors.

Today I have a router and a repeater ( expand for another PC in my upper level room )

I want to change it as follows :

Buy and put a new AirPort Extreme connected vie Ethernet cable to my iMac.

This will serve my iMac locally and iPhone , iPad Apple TV and the laptop by wifi.

In the upper floor, buy a new airport express to expand the wifi from the extreme , and also print wireless.

Is it possible to use the AirPort Extreme and the airport express together as describe ?

Thank you !

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 11:59 AM

This will serve my iMac locally and iPhone , iPad Apple TV and the laptop by wifi.

In the upper floor, buy a new airport express to expand the wifi from the extreme , and also print wireless.

Is it possible to use the AirPort Extreme and the airport express together as describe ?

Yes. Please check out the following Apple Support article for details on setting up an extended Wi-Fi network with multiple Apple base stations.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2014 11:59 AM in response to rony-z

Yes. Please check out the following Apple Support article for details on setting up an extended Wi-Fi network with multiple Apple base stations.

Changing my wireless network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.