Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't FaceTime verify my email address on my Mac but it works fine on my iPhone?

I can receive and make facetime calls on my iphone but it won't work on my Macbook Pro. It used to work fine and I haven't changed my email address or password. It has now automatically logged my out and won't verify my email address to log me back in. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2014 1:44 AM

I HAD THIS PROBLEM.NOW ITS SOLVED .!!!!
I had accidentally logged out of my FaceTime account ,when i tried logging back in it was stuck at verifying .
I contacted apple chat and they helped me out with a solution that worked .

When its stuck at verifying ,you must have still logged into your iCloud . Go to iCloud from System preferences ....logout and then login back.
Now try FaceTime .... will work like a charm .

Hope this helps someone

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2014 1:44 AM in response to chloel18

I HAD THIS PROBLEM.NOW ITS SOLVED .!!!!
I had accidentally logged out of my FaceTime account ,when i tried logging back in it was stuck at verifying .
I contacted apple chat and they helped me out with a solution that worked .

When its stuck at verifying ,you must have still logged into your iCloud . Go to iCloud from System preferences ....logout and then login back.
Now try FaceTime .... will work like a charm .

Hope this helps someone

Jul 9, 2014 1:38 AM in response to chloel18

Not sure if this is the same problem. I had a problem with FaceTime being stuck on "verifying..." forever.

What worked for me was to simultaneously launch the Messages app and sign-in with that same Apple ID.

For some reason, the Messages and FaceTime apps seem to be connected during the initial Verification step.

Subsequently, after successful Apple ID verification, no need to run Messages app to use FaceTime.

Sep 11, 2014 12:57 PM in response to chloel18

chloel18,

I have been troubleshooting this issue myself for over 3 weeks now. I have looked through 20+ forums searching for answers. I know your pain. Here's what you need to do:

You need to call Apple. The problem is NOT on your end! I spoke with an Apple representative and they said that it is a "registration issue" and that THEY need to reset security settings. I waited 14 minutes but the representative found the issue then reset it and I was able to sign in.

Call 1-800-275-2273 (It's free in the US or on Skype if you're in Europe!) When you call, you'll get the standard automated secretary. DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. If you say anything, you will be told that you either need to purchase a protection plan for $19.99 or literally "end the call". Just stay on the line until you're asked if you wish to speak with a representative. Do that and you'll be connected (for free). They will ask for you Macbook Pro serial number and a "Customer Code" if you have one. Tell them how long that you've had this issue and they'll confirm your Apple ID.

Once they confirm your Apple ID, they reset everything on their end and you should be set. Make sure that you are able to send messages/make calls before hanging up.

Why can't FaceTime verify my email address on my Mac but it works fine on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.