Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad. Downloading iTunes album and sharing

Because I have just found that I can't buy from iTunes and deliver to another country to my daughter, can I buy the album myself and when it is on my ipad, is there a way I can give her access to it to download it to her ipad or to her computer, and if she does get it on her computer can it then go onto her ipad. Hope this makes sense, it was meant to be a birthday present. Seems so silly not being able to send what I buy to anyone else, since it is my property after I pay for it much as buying a cd. Thanks.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 1:20 PM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2014 1:35 PM in response to Evangielia

You are making sense to me. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but I understand what your trying to do.

You don't want to download the album with your ID and then transfer it to her computer. It's possible to do that, it's just not a good idea. I'm not sure where you are at now but if you are in the U.S., you can use the online store and gift outside of the U.S. to certain countries. I'm pretty sure that iTunes gift cards are sold in the online Apple Store as well. Take a look at here for more details.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/gifting

Feb 24, 2014 3:45 PM in response to Demo

Thanks, am not very clever at my new ipad yet, was a windows person till now. I have an account in the uk but am in travel mode now in Europe. I wanted to send my daughter an album for birthday in NZ. Complicated. Can I buy the album and when it is on my ipad, could I put it in Dropbox or some other cloud thing of which I know nothing yet, and then she can collect and download to her iPad from there...does this make sense?

Ipad. Downloading iTunes album and sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.