Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iPad, won't switch on, showing Error 4005

Luckily I did a back up before agreeing to update iTunes and iPad2 Operating system (On Windows 7 64bit)

Back up went fine, then Error 4005 came up, and left the iPad with a Apple logo, and an empty progress bar underneath

I crashed it down holding the 2 buttons; it then came up with a connect to iTunes logo. The PC beeped, but iTunes nor PC recognised the iPad

Tried updatign drivers with no luck

I plugged it into an old PC, and said it needed to restore/recover (?) - said Yes

But now saying disk is full

(I've deleted the few albums in iTunes) From memory there was only 5GB free before I started all this

(Apple never said I needed anymore, so I'll be VERY miffed with them if this is the route cause!!!)

Anymore suggestions please ?

iPad 2, Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 1:33 PM

3 replies

Jun 14, 2014 6:07 AM in response to surekarani

surekarani wrote:

halo,

am facing the same problem in my ipad2. can i hav the soluthion for this..

To get answers to your problem, always start a new post rather than tag onto an older post.

Check USB connections

Related errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, 4016, “invalid response,” and being prompted to restore again after a restore completes.

If there’s an issue with the USB port, cable, dock, or hub, or if the device becomes disconnected during restore, try troubleshooting the USB connection, then troubleshooting your security software.

To narrow down the issue, you can also change up your hardware:

• Use another USB cable.
  • Plug your cable into a different USB port on your computer.
  • Try a different dock connector (or no dock).
  • Add (or remove) a USB hub between your device and computer.
  • Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, with no routers, hubs, or switches.

If you checked your connections and are still seeing the error message, check for hardware iss

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Updating iPad, won't switch on, showing Error 4005

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.