Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Bluetooth keyboard doesn't connect?

My bluetooth wireless keyboard for my iMac 24" doesn't connect anymore. Last night it was working fine and when I tried to use it today at the login screen it didn't connect. The light on the keyboard is blinking and then if I don't do anything it turns off. I've tried going into the bluetooth settings and then setting it up but it doesn't even show up in the bluetooth options. I've turned it off and then tried it too by tapping the power button, but the bluetooth device isn't even recognized in the bluetooth search so I can't even set it up. I've tried resetting the Mac also. Right now I'm using a regular USB keyboard so it doesn't have any of the Apple specific keyboard keys on it that I can use for commands. I don't know what to do I even searched the help articles but they don't help... I can't get it to show up AT ALL in the bluetooth setup no matter what I do, my trackpad however, does work and is shown, I've even turned bluetooth on and off again. Thanks for any help...

iMac

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 12:42 PM

Nevermind I fixed it, Apple support website says that the blinking light means it's discoverable, but I'm pretty sure that means it's low battery because as soon as I changed the battery it automatically reconnected literally within seconds. So yeah basically spent an hour or more but I fixed it by myself... I just decided to post back here and tell anyone who may have a similar problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2014 12:42 PM in response to Khatri978

Nevermind I fixed it, Apple support website says that the blinking light means it's discoverable, but I'm pretty sure that means it's low battery because as soon as I changed the battery it automatically reconnected literally within seconds. So yeah basically spent an hour or more but I fixed it by myself... I just decided to post back here and tell anyone who may have a similar problem.

My Bluetooth keyboard doesn't connect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.