Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device freezes when I try to delete apps

I have the 5th generation iPod touch with iOS 7.0.4 and whenever I hold down on an app and try to delete it, my iPod freezes for about a minute and then restarts. I can hold down the apps so they jiggle and I can move them, but whenever I press the 'x', I can't do anything else. Nothing works including the home button, locking, swiping, moving icons, etc.

I have tried

-restarting my iPod;

-closing all my apps (double tap home button, swipe apps so they close);

-going to Settings>General>Usage to delete apps, but it freezes as soon as I press on Usage

Memory is not a problem as I have 10G of free space.

I know backing it up and then erasing everything should work, but I don't have that option because my USB wire doesn't work when I plug it into the Mac. It works for charging via wall charger, but it's broken or something and doesn't let me connect to iTunes or the computer.

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 1:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2014 1:31 PM in response to iraa16

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Device freezes when I try to delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.