Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues w/ Bootcamp...

So, after losing my partition (an Apple Discussion member advised me to give up my Windows partition after it was booting to a black screen) I went to re-install Windows 7 -- only the same thing happened -- black screen before I could even do the install.

I unplugged all my USB devices save for my keyboard and mouse and it all worked, meaning that I was quite upset that this simple fix was the source of the black screen problem.

I later found out that Windows will NOT boot up unless I unplug my brand-new Seagate external USB 3.0 drive (the type with the crimped USB connector). I can only use the drive once I am booted into Windows 7 and, each time I reboot, I have to unplug the USB, wait to get back to Windows 7 and plug it in again.

I tried to install a 3.0 USB driver but, screw that, it won't work, telling me "Your computer does not meet the requirements to install this driver" or some such garbage.

Anyhow, Windows 7 is back up and I have a black border around my screen. In the past, it was a simple fix: get the new AMD drivers and CCC, adjust the overscan, and you're done.

Nope.

No matter how hard I try, nothing works.

Installing the new driver doesn't do squat. On top of that, CCC gives me an error, telling me "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started because there are no adjustments to be made" or something, which makes no sense whatsoever. It's like your computer telling you, "VLC cannot be launched because even though you WANT to watch a movie, you really shouldn't." Who wrote this?!

Anyhow, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers does absolute squat. I completely killed the AMD drivers and reinstalled CCC only to launch CCC and find out the only thing I could mess around with is Hydravision. I DON'T HAVE DUAL MONITORS SO WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?

No option for overscan, NOTHING. I tried to uninstall and repair the Bootcamp drivers and that works -- except the fact that CCC once again can't launch.

I am about to pull what's left of my hair out of my skull.

What gives?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 8 GB RAM, 2 External HD's

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 1:47 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2014 4:35 PM in response to OnionTime

I ended up just using my HDTV's Aspect Ratio button which is about the same.

I remember when the Apple geeks here could practically build you a Mac out of a can of Rockstar.

Now they guess at your problem and back off if things don't work. Ever since Mavericks, I've had to completely re-work my Bootcamp partition when I didn't have to because nobody knew was they were talking about.

Issues w/ Bootcamp...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.