Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac shows me MobileMe where iCloud is supposed to be

On my system Preferences my Mac shows me MobileMe where iCloud is supposed to be. I want to connect my Mac with my iPhone and everything says that I should go to System Preferences/iCloud, so how do I fix this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 2:12 PM

If you're trying to sync the device with your iTunes library, you can do it without upgrading the OS.

If you need the iCloud pane, you need to upgrade the computer to at least 10.7.2. Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Mavericks. If you get told it's incompatible, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Xeon or Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU and 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Back up your data before upgrading. Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as Microsoft Office 2004 or earlier.

(101141)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2014 2:12 PM in response to Gnomewriter

If you're trying to sync the device with your iTunes library, you can do it without upgrading the OS.

If you need the iCloud pane, you need to upgrade the computer to at least 10.7.2. Open the Mac App Store and try downloading Mavericks. If you get told it's incompatible, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu, check if the computer has at least a Xeon or Core 2 Duo(not Core Duo) CPU and 2GB of RAM, and if it does, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Back up your data before upgrading. Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as Microsoft Office 2004 or earlier.

(101141)

Mac shows me MobileMe where iCloud is supposed to be

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.