Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant stream HD video using Airplay

I cant stream HD videos using airplay and a specific iphone app that used to work properly before (Globo.tv).

HD videos from Youtube app work fine. Any idea on what is going on?

All softwares are updated to the latest version, wifi is fine, router is an Airport Extreme fully updated.

My iPhone is a 5S and the Apple TV is the latest one.

Mirrowing the app using the iPad and playing the Globo.tv app works fine with airplay, but i cant see the video full screen.

Thanks for any help.

Fabiano.

AppleTV 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 5:04 PM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2014 3:26 AM in response to vazandrew

Hi! Yes, I have forced quitting the app but not reinstalling it. And yes, the app is the latest version available.

I see the Airplay button, I press it and a big exclamation triangle shows up on my screen. I have no idea about what is going on.

Some months ago, the same thing happened. At that time, I had to unplug the ATV from the AC Power outlet, wait some seconds and then plug it again. This solved the problem (and I still don´t know why, because other videos were streaming correctly).

I´ll try reinstalling it latter when I am at home (I am at work right now). I´ll let you know what happened.

Thanks!!

Mar 6, 2014 11:18 AM in response to vazandrew

Updating:

Well, I tried removing and reinstalling the app. Nothing happened. 😟

But yesterday i realized something: the Globo.tv is an app that provides some unprotected videos and lots of protected. To wach it you must have an account with them. Well, I do. And used to wach all videos with no problems. Well, I realized that at some "point" I now can only Air Play "opened" videos. All others protected with login process, does not work. 😟

How login works: I need to login at the app once. Then I can wach any video I want.

Any idea what is going on?

Another info: I can start waching the video and then click Air Play. It won´t work. If i do the same with an unprotected video, it works fine. 🙂

Thanks!

I cant stream HD video using Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.