Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The frame of my iPhone 5 is bent

Hi guys, I have an iPhone 5, and I got my phone 8 month ago.

Few days ago, I took off my case to clean up my phone and I noticed that the left side(near the volume buttons) of shell/frame of the phone is slightly bent outwards. Also when I push in the left side of front glass, it goes in.

But the front glass and the right side of my phone is flat and I'm using Otterbox Defender Case, since when I got my phone.

So I serched on Google about this issue and I found one thread about this issue: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1467632

My phone has same same problem as his.

So my questions are:

1. Is this a common issue on iPhone 5?

2. Should I meet Genius or call to Apple?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 6:50 PM

naveragain wrote:

So my questions are:

Thanks

1. It's pretty common among people who carry their phone in their back pocket and tend to sit on it and among people who carry it in the front pocket of pants that are too tight.

2. You should make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store. Take your phone and $269, because that's what it's going to cost you to get it replaced.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2014 6:50 PM in response to naveragain

naveragain wrote:

So my questions are:

Thanks

1. It's pretty common among people who carry their phone in their back pocket and tend to sit on it and among people who carry it in the front pocket of pants that are too tight.

2. You should make an appointment at the genius bar of your local Apple Store. Take your phone and $269, because that's what it's going to cost you to get it replaced.

Feb 23, 2014 7:52 PM in response to KiltedTim

Well if it is caused by sitting on a phone or caused by me, the front glass would break or bent too. What I meant bent was the frame and the front glass is bulging. So the front glass of my phone and the right side of my phone is completely flat. Even though I always put my case on my phone since when I got my phone and I never put my phone in my back pocket.

The frame of my iPhone 5 is bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.