Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new MacBook Air Crashed- IPhoto destroyed.

My less than 2 month old Macbook Air crashed and now I've lost all my photos in iphoto. I tried rebuilding the database. No success. Then I tried importing some pictures from my phone and then it stopped mid-import and couldn't finish. Then because the import was unfinished, I couldn't reboot IPhoto. Eventually my computer crashed again. I once again tried rebuilding the databas. I got back the pictures from my phone that I wasn't really worried about anyway. Still none of the ones that were just stored in IPhoto and nowhere else. I'm panicking now as I need the photos for upcoming homework assignments.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Actually 10.9.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 6:50 PM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2014 10:20 PM in response to ememcee

Well, since the photos are important, of course you have them well backed up.

So since your oops ...

I was going to say since your machine is so new, it is under warranty. But it looks like you did not purchase it new, because you show OS X 10.7.5, and that has not been offered on a new machine for about 18 months.

So hopefully whoever sold you the machine warrantied it. Then they could repair it and you could restore your backup.

Feb 24, 2014 2:42 AM in response to sberman

I did buy it new, when I was trying to fill out my submission, it wouldn't any higher than 10.7.5. I have 10.9.1. Luckily, I was able to find my pictures in some random folder I've never seen before. I don't honestly remember how I got there as it was very late. But the good news is I have them back. Thank you for your response.

Feb 24, 2014 4:48 AM in response to ememcee

After you lost the photos you should have stopped using the machine. All that file copying may have overwritten the missing files.

A 3rd party (I like DataRescue3) may still recover some, or all, of the photos but you must stop using the boot volume until you recover data. You'll need - an external drive (or two), the 3rd Party App and a boot volume with the App on it.

If you have/know of another Mac it could create the boot volume you can work from. You'll need an external drive to which save the scavenged data.

Brand new MacBook Air Crashed- IPhoto destroyed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.