Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what are the signs of water damage to my macbook pro

my boyfriend set everything in the back of the truck, including my laptop, while he was cleaning out the inside. when finished he put everything back in the truck, and drove through a carwash. unfortunately, my laptop was in its black sleeve and blended in, getting left in the bed of the truck. it was in a protective sleeve and had a smartshell case on it. both are not the best protection though, especially against water. he claims the computer was dry when he took it out of everything but i dont see how thats possible. though i am currently using it, and i havent noticed any signs of damage, what are the chances the laptop has damage that will take effect later? its been a month already. but i dont want to open it one day and everythings erased or something. im only thinking about it again because every time i click an icon, it jumps to another desktop. thats only been happening today. are there any warning signs i can look for so i can fix it before it gets really bad?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 10:39 PM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2014 10:47 PM in response to starcore0

Any anomalies should make you suspect that you suffered some type of water damage. Because liquid damage can take many routes, as corrosion begins to set it, you may not know that damage has occurred until strange things start happening with your system.

Probably the best thing you can do, since an anomaly has presented itself, is to take your machine into an Apple Store or an AASP for a free diagnosis. If they notice that the liquid sensors have been activated, they will let you know.

Good luck,

Clinton

what are the signs of water damage to my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.