Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS7 update failure w/ error "Not Connected to Wireless", but I am connected- How can I update?

My iPad has the defective "gotofailure" bug in iOS7, but there is only 1 pending update which describes a completely unrelated issue. I am connected to my Wireless LAN, and that connection works fine. But, when I try to download and install the pending update (Which may or may not have the major security hole fixed), the update fails with the error message "not connected to wireless". How can I get someone at Apple support to tell me how to get around this problem?

What am I supposed to do when the fix for a major bug is blocked by another (apparently minor) update?

(note: I am over the 30 day warranty, but within the 1 year warranty. However, Apple support wants me to pay $20 to have them tell me how to fix their defective software...

I expect that the 1 year warranty should apply to defective software, especially this major security bug!

This bug completely compromises browser and internet security... it is a HUGE deal!

see: http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2014/02/gotofail/ ).

This is my first Apple product since the Apple 2E. If this is the level of customer support and warranty for defects, hardware or software, that Apple provides, it may well be my last apple product.

I have worked in customer support at another major computer company, and this type of policy is the surest way to send customers to your competitors that I know of. Tim Cook, are you listening?

(P.S. Don't bother trying to get the attention of any Apple Executive - they don't want to hear from customers to provide feedback on their products or policies - not by phone nor by email.)

Any workarounds for the problem or a way to update the iOS7 to fix the security hole will be greatly appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1, Wireless only, no cell phone

Posted on Feb 23, 2014 9:49 PM

There are no replies.

iOS7 update failure w/ error "Not Connected to Wireless", but I am connected- How can I update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.