Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Mavericks, and now iPhoto will not open for users on the computer

I've upgraded to Mavericks, 10.9.1. Now, other users on the computer cannot open iPhoto. I had issues on the main administrator account initially, but worked through the issues by upgrading to iPhoto 9.5.1, and I am able to open iPhoto and view my pictures on the main account on the computer. The other users cannot open iPhoto, nor see their pictures. All that the users get is an error box telling them that "iPhoto quit unexpectedly." For that matter, simply replace 'iPhoto' with any of the ilife apps for the other users of the computer. Strangely, iTunres works for them, but all other iLife apps quit unexpectedly and throw an error.

If someone else has seen this, and was able to correct the problem, please help. Not terribly thrilled with the big 'A' at this time because of this Mavericks stuff. Never had this much issue upgrading in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 3:22 AM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2014 3:34 AM in response to Cliff P

Well if the app works in your account then the app is fine. If the app was faulty it would open in no account. Now you need to examine what's different about these other accounts from yours. Given that other iLife apps are crashing it points to a problem not with the app at all, but with some shared element between them - and that's most likely at OS level.

Can you post 50-100 lines of a crash reports from one of the other accounts?

Upgraded to Mavericks, and now iPhoto will not open for users on the computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.