Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix iTunes 11.0.4 (62) problem of won't connect or recognize iOS devices iPhones, iPads, iPod

It appears that there is a flaw in the Apple iTunes 11.0.4 (62) installer related to mobile devices and the USB port. The below fixed the problem for me.

The symptom was iTunes 11.0.4 (62) was not connecting to my son's iPodTouch 1st Generation. Many other iPad, iPods and iPhones are reporting having this problem on many different computers both Mac and Windows. >56,000 on Apple discussion forums.

The iPodTouch was recognized by the computer and would charge but iTunes would not recognize the iPodTouch.

All of our family's other iOS devices worked fine.

The problem is not the computer, the cabel, the OS or the device.

Apple's suggestions in various tech docs did not solve the problem in and of themselves. I had to go back down to the previous version to force the current version to reinstall properly:

Deleting iTunes 11.0.4 (62) and reinstalling did not solve the problem.

Deleting iTunes 11.0.4 (62) and installing iTunes 10.7 made Will's iPodTouch connect fine but then there were other problems.

Deleting iTunes 11.0.4 (62) and installing iTunes 10.7 and deleting iTunes 10.7 and reinstalling 11.0.4 (62) solved all problems.

To Reinstall iTunes: (from Apple docs)
Quit iTunes
Delete:
/Applications/iTunes
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleMobileDevice.kext
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.usbmuxd.plist~orig
but do not delete com.apple.usbmuxd.plist
Restart
Reinstall iTunes version desired
Open iTunes to test and make sure iOS devices connect
Restart
Open iTunes to test and make sure iOS devices connect

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iPodTouchs and iPads

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 6:19 AM

There are no replies.

How to fix iTunes 11.0.4 (62) problem of won't connect or recognize iOS devices iPhones, iPads, iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.