Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Increase memory &/or speed

I have macbook pro running os x 10.6.3 & my current memory is 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I went to go install Adobe Flash Player last night but it occured an error during installation saying that it was unable to install & to make sure my system met the requirements to run flash player. It was then that I noticed that while I am running a compatible OS, the speed/memory needs to be at least 1.38GHz or something close to that, I can't remember the exact number but anyways it is obvious that I am running in MHz and NOT GHz soooo

my question is....

Can I increase the speed of my computer up to the requirements to run flash player & if so how do I do this & what can I expect to pay?

MacBook Pro, iOS 4.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 8:24 AM

Are you sure it's a Core 2 Duo and not a Core Duo? If your computer is what I think it is (MacBookPro1,1) then you can upgrade to 2 GB RAM, which should help, plus you can upgrade the OS to 10.6.8.

7 replies

Feb 24, 2014 8:26 AM in response to Mark Piaskiewicz1

Yes I am positive, I was reading the information as I typed that information. I am not sure what my computer is, I just recently bought it refurbished. I bought this upgraded OS from the apple store just recently, I am able to upgrade up to 10.7 after I can afford to purchase the upgrade. If I am able to upgrade to 2 GB RAM then how do I do this?

Feb 24, 2014 8:51 AM in response to Mark Piaskiewicz1

At any rate look here: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Core+Duo+Model+A1150+RAM+Replace ment/481 iFixit has lots of guides like this and your system will be listed and should be identical or at least very similar to the above.

Pop open your RAM door and see if you have one 1 GB stick or two 512 MB sticks. If the former (unlikely, but possible) you’ll need one 1 GB stick. If the latter (most likely) you’ll need two 1 GB sticks. You can find them here: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade and they’ll probably be in the vicinity of $30.

Increase memory &/or speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.