Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS update "stuck"

While downloading the update on my iPad Air via wireless my screen saver kicked in and my screen turned off. Now I can't get it back on.

I've tried holding down the On/Off button and Home buttons, both individually and together, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

iPad, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:06 AM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2014 10:09 AM in response to BO205

You have a screensaver on your iPad?

Did you reset the iPad like this holding down both buttons long enough for the Apple logo to appear? Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Feb 24, 2014 1:06 PM in response to BO205

BO205 wrote:

ITunes said that it was in "Rocovery Mode" and that I had to click Recover in order to use it with iTunes. Don't want to go that route yet.

You will not be able to use your iPad until you do "go that route" There is no other option. Your iPad is in Recovery Mode and it must be restored before you can use it again.

iOS update "stuck"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.