Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I upload / sync movie from iPhoto to iPhone in Photos folder

I shot a short clip from my digital camera and want to share it with family through Whatsapp on my iPhone 3GS.

I downloaded the movie (.AVI extension) to iPhoto on my Macbook Pro, saved a copy on the Desktop; and using Quicktime's export feature, was able to transfer a .m4v version of the video on the 'Videos' folder of iOS. However, since Whatsapp picks up content only from the 'Photos' app, I was looking for a mechanism through which the video (preferably .AVI format) can be transfered to the 'Photos' app.

Additionally, I created a separate album on iPhoto containing just this clip. Next I tried to sync this album to my iPhone with the 'include videos' checkbox ticked, but it does not copy the video to Photos on iPhone (tried doing the same with some photos and it is working just fine).

Request if someone can provide an easy solution for this.

Regards,

Prashrash.

P.S.: Since I am a newbie, apologize in advance for any forum rules that I might have broken. Happy to be corrected / informed on the same.

BTW, have done a basic search on the articles existing in the forums to try and find an answer before posting my question. Mostly have seen many nays on older / archived posts, and hence am posting afresh once again in the hope that with the newer versions of iPhoto / iTunes, something has hopefully changed that will make my task easy! <fingers crossed>

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:07 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2014 11:58 AM in response to prashrash

Hello prashrash

Because when you sync a video that you have converted, it will want to go in the Videos app. A way to get around that is to email the video to yourself if the video size is small enough to send through email. Once you have received it you should be able to save it to your Camera Roll and then be able to access like you normally would.

Save a photo or video you received in Mail.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TI27

Regards,

-Norm G.

how do I upload / sync movie from iPhoto to iPhone in Photos folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.