Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine partition doesn't mount

Hi,

I partitioned from windows (BOOTCAMP) a hard drive that have a Time Machine partition along with a NTFS partition, so I could have three partitions on the disk. The surprise was that when I tried to back up the data from TIme Machine to my Mac, it doesn't appear anymore. I've installed Mavericks on another drive to see if OS X recognized the TIme Machine back up, but it doesn't, it only shows the NTFS partition. The other one (I supose is the time machine one, because the third partition is empty) appears unmounted on Disk Utilities. In windows I can see the Time Machine partition, so I think that partitioning on windows have caused some kind of damage to the partition table or something

I've googled a lot and this problem is quite similar to mine: http://superuser.com/questions/342876/adding-ntfs-partition-to-disk-in-windows-m akes-hfs-partition-on-same-disk-invis

When I run gdisk it says:

User uploaded file

and disk util list:

User uploaded file

I think the partition scheme shoudn't be fdisk.

Well, I don't know what to do from here, the drive where I have my personal data broke and this Time Machine backup could save me from losing my photos from the last two years.

Thank you, ask if you want more information, I think my explanation has not been very accurate but I'm not a native English speaker, sorry.

PS: Mac Mini mid 2011

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 11:12 AM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2014 12:17 PM in response to Eric Root

And this is what I see on Windows:

User uploaded fileIt says HFS, although in OSX says ExFAT, and as you can see the size is different.User uploaded file

This is what I have...

Explaining a little more, the hard drive at the beggining (when everything works) had three partitions, I did four. Then I wanted to make another one and did a logic one accidentally (didn't know the maximum was four primary partitions). After realising that, I erased the logic one and the other two and kept "TimeMachine" and "2TB".

Time Machine partition doesn't mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.