Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! can't sync new apps to old ipod!

i have an older ipod touch and recently just got internet again and havent had it for a long time but now everytime i download a new app and try to sync it with my old ipod i get a error msg saying it doesnt support that type.... i"m guessing cuz my old ipod is old and everything else has been updated leaving me and my poor but still in good condition working properly except cant add apps to it old ipod in the dust! does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? where i can have actually download and sync apps to the ipod i have now without having to replace it with a newer more exspensive version? help plz soooo frustrating!

iPod touch, iOS 4.2, yes i know old right!

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 11:37 AM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2014 11:54 AM in response to heatrose1985

if you update apps over wifi instead of itunes, you should get a prompt to install old version.

1. uninstall app giving you an error from iTunes if you don't do this first it will remove the version you download to your ipod in step 2 the next time you sync.
  2. install app over wifi through app store app (shows a cloud next to the app you want to update/download showing you previously "purchased" app)
  3. when you get message about it requiring iOS 7 it will ask if you want to download an older version. say yes
  4. apps updated. try not to update your apps with iTunes until (if) they fix this. I am sure there will be several who ugrade devices that wouldn't have otherwise because of this.

*works for iPod Touch 4g 6.1.6*

HELP! can't sync new apps to old ipod!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.