Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group messages are going through as texts instead of imessage

Usually when me and my friends have a group message it's fine, it's all going through iMessage and I've never had a problem but yesterday my messages were failing to send and today it says at the top 'Outgoing' instead of 'Group' like it usually does and also my messages are going through as a text not an iMessage but only on the group message? Help

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 11:26 AM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2014 11:57 AM in response to saz0

If you have others that are receiving your imessaging but not the group you are attempting to send to then do this:

Click on your text messaging area using imessaging enabled and then type a message to yourself. Do this test to verify that your imessaging apple server is working properly. IF you get the messsage back to you in BLUE this indicates to you that both the outgoing and incoming text messaging is working as imessaging. With this piece of information verified that will indicate there are connectivity issues with individuals or all that are a part of the group you are attempting to contact. Please do not conclude that at a point in time this communication worked via imessaging that there may be some in the group that are now having conectiviity issues of their own.

Good luck, Friend.

Group messages are going through as texts instead of imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.