Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing on iPad or iPhone.

Hi! I just recently bought the Apple TV and do not own computers as I have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones, I would like to know if I can access to home sharing with these devices streaming to the TV or do I specifically need a computer?

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 12:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2014 2:32 PM in response to Jazzercisee

Welcome to the Apple community.

You can only home share content from a computer.

However you can send content from your iPad to an Apple TV using AirPlay.

Basic AirPlay: Assuming both devices are on the same network and that AirPlay is not turned off on the Apple TV, then simply tap on the screen when you are watching content you wish to stream to your Apple TV, then tap the airplay icon that appears in the control bar, choose the Apple TV from the menu that appears.

Mirroring: When displaying the content you wish to mirror on the iPad 2 (or better), iPad Mini, iPhone 4S (or better), swipe from the bottom of the screen, tap the AirPlay icon and choose your Apple TV from the list of devices (iOS 7 or better) or double tap the home button (quickly) and swipe the bottom row of apps to the right to reveal the playback controls, tap the AirPlay icon and select your Apple TV from the list of available devices (pre-iOS7)

Home sharing on iPad or iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.