Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my recordings are grey

I just looped a section of my song, recording multiple takes, but when I unpack to new tracks. All of them are greyed out and inaccessible. There's 6 tracks they all say "audio 8" and when i mute one of them, it mutes all of them. And I can only access one of them. What does this mean? Is there are way to use them.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 12:23 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2014 1:15 PM in response to daysdeaf

Sounds like you did just "unpack" instead of "unpack to new tracks." All the tracks are sharing the same channel - so when you mute one they all mute because you are muting 1 channel. Look in the mixer and you will see that there are not 6 channels. The gray regions are just muted, so selecting a region and hitting "M" will unmute the region (but it will only play the top track).

You can undo back to where you unpacked, or create new audio tracks and drag the regions to them, deleting the redundant tracks afterwards. You can create new tracks with the same settings, or just option-drag the header of each one down - you'll see a new track with a new name and then delete the old region and old track, repeat for the rest.

All my recordings are grey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.